Automatic Feeder

t_nix

Market
Reaction score
We are planning a two week vacation and are trying to plan how to take care of our fish. We plan on doing a water change the night before we leave and making some extra salt water for one of our friends to come add as needed. (We will have a permanent mark on the sump as to indicate the correct water level for our system. Unfortunatly we do not have an auto top-off just yet) Since our friends all live about 20-30 mins away we didnt want to inconvience someone with coming over every day. What do you all do when you go out of town for an extended amount of time?

What are your thoughts on automatic feeder(for pellets)? Is one better then the rest?

Well, first, don't do a water change the day before, do it 3-4 days before, then do another when you get back. If you get an automatic feeder, use it for a week before you leave so you know it's working right.

Your friends shouldn't need to add any salt water, only fresh water evaporates, the salt stays behind, so they'll need to top off with RO/DI.

Invest in an ATO system, one of the cheaper things and makes life so much easier.

We have a pair of oc clowns, blue regal, yellow tang, black sailfin blenny, flame angel, and a yellow watchman goby.

Def do the water change a couple days before and do not have your friend top of with SW, only top off with RO!

I am always skeptical of the auto feeders, I have heard bad stories about them even when the person thinks they are comfortable, especially with pellets. Your fish will be fine if they only get fed four to five times during that two weeks, maybe even less...

Coolest auto feeder EVER here! Although it is used for Azoox's or non-photosynthetic corals I think you could still modify it for a reef's use.
http://glassbox-design.com/2010/azoox-nps-coral-continuous-feeding/">http://glassbox-design.com/2010/azoox-nps-coral-continuous-feeding/</a>
1 for cyclop eeze
1 for phyto
1 for mysis
Who know I think this will be in my feature tank plans!!

hey guys, ill def come by after work while yall are gone if you want me to...it would be every other day

Back