Automatic Fish Feeder for Red Sea Max 150 with Hood

chemaholic

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
We have been trying to setup the Eheim fish feeder that was generously donated to the school reef tank. The problem the wife is running into is the tank has a full hood with T5's in it so there is no place to mount the feeder as best she can tell. I should have gotten the model number but I can tell you it is the one where the food storage box rotates to drop in the food through an adjustable slot.

I suppose we could prop the hood open a bit over the weekends and holidays though we would rather be able to keep the hood shut if possible.

Thanks!

I don’t have any idea of what type hood you have. That said, is drilling an option, even a small’ish hole? One you could insert a funnel into from above? Then position the feeder above the funnel.

I don’t have any idea of what type hood you have. That said, is drilling an option, even a small’ish hole? One you could insert a funnel into from above? Then position the feeder above the funnel.
That is a great idea. Let me ask the wife to take a look. The hood is full coverage and seals tight all the way around the rim of the tank. It looks great but it makes some things a pain.

Back