Autotopoff.com

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
I just got my ATO from this company. It looks to be a good little system, but I have a question for thos of you who might have the same system. I upgraded to the low voltage option, and my unit came with two plugs (one LV and one regular). I can get the system to work ONLY when both plugs are plugged in though. Any ideas?

One plug is where the pump goes into. I use an aqualifter pump. Works if its close by.

Joe

Sorry, I reread and I was talking about the regular one. I went to site and this is new. I am not familiar with it.

Joe

Yeah, I have two MALE plugs...one female for the pump. Another question would be this:

I too, am using an aqualifter pump. Am I better off trying it at the RO source, or more near the sump. It has to travel up out of the RO bin (height of hole TBD) across the floor (under, actually) and up and over about 2 feet into the sump. Am I better to pull from a further distance, or push?

Lift is not that great with aqualifter. I put mine in the water container that hold the RO water. I fill it up from RO unit every two weeks or so. Lift is an issue with aqualifter but they are great for what they do. I would put close to sump and turn it on to see if it has enough muscle to pump the water.

You put yours IN the RO container? As I understand, these are external ONLY pumps...

I just heard back from them. One plug if for the transformer/float switch board (low voltage) and the other is to actually power the pump. DUH! :) I figured LV was a better option for the parts in the tank, and it was only a $5 upgrade, I believe.

No, one tube goes in water storage and the other goes to sump. Pump sets on table beside water container. Its high and dry..

Well I got it all run today. The pump sits in the cabinet next to the sump and has to pull (from 30 feet away) up about 25 inches out of the RO container. It then goes under the house and pushes up about the same and over into the sump. I triggered the pump manually and got a flow about the same as I do from the RO unit. I think this is what it's supposed to do, no? 3.5 gph? I will monitor over the next few days and see how it does. SIMPLE to install though..really.

Back