Autotopoff.com

jaustin

Market
Reaction score
Wow, what a great product! If anybody is looking for a auto top off system look no further. I'm leaving for several months and the wife is in charge of the reef and let me tell you how stressfull that is. She likes the fish but could care less about the coral (my fave).

I showed her how to do the tests and instructed her on how ofter to do them. She'll check ph, feed anem, and check sg twice a week. She'll check calc and DKH once a week. And feed and check temperature daily. Cross your fingers for me please!

The main thing i was worried about is her remembering to add water to the tank every day. It's a 75g system (65G tall tank) that evaps almost 1g of water a day. I was adding the water with a 5g jug that i filled up with RODI water every 4 days or so. I can't tell you how many times i left the RODI on and flooded the kitchen. I was worried that she would do the same so i researched here on what people do for an automated top off system.

Well I got it today (long story behind that) and hooked it up. The installation took me about 10 min...that's it. I filled a 37 gal trash can for the top off pump to get it's water from. I figure she won't have to fill up the trash can but once every two weeks and even then it won't be empty.

Anyway, it's topping off as we speek and it's a good piece of mine to know that there is a backup (purchased the double switch sump kit with air type kind of pump).

take care all
Jason

that's why i bought from them. I have read so much good feedback from you guys/gals.

I got the one made by jbj and am expecting it pretty soon. It is a great device

Back