Awesome Zero Edge Tank

raisingtwo2006

Market
Reaction score
Have you guys seen these?? I was at a newish fish store here in Columbus, and this thing is just awesome!! It's water spills over the top in a solid sheet into the stand!

I'm impressed, and when the boys get big enough to not mess with it, I'm getting one!!

http://www.zeroedgeaquarium.com/index.html">http://www.zeroedgeaquarium.com/index.html</a>
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/181238=11016-46RFLEX_000.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg>
181238=11016-46RFLEX_000.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="46RFLEX_000.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yea scraping coraline off one sed is bad enough. :)

They are really pricey too. I can get these through special order but I will never stock them due to the cost.

But, I agree awesome concept and really a unique tank though.

Tim

Raising Two,
Where is this newer fishstore? I live in Buena Vista and have not been to Columbus in a while. Please give the name and location.
Thanks,
Soxx

They are reasonably small tanks, so the surface area fro evap. porbably wouldnt be much more than a large size tank. The biggest thing that would concern me, is that I wouldnt ever feel comfortable putting anything but seahorses in there. I'm worried about my fish jumping now!

Waikiki has had one of these set up for several years with clams in it. Someone stole a bunch of the clams though, so apparently (as per Alan), they dont allow visitors right up to the tank anymore.

aceheart1976;181289 wrote: tim, what is the cost on one of these tanks? im just curious about it.

There are several models:

Small Rectangle $1259.99
Large Rectangle $2599.99
46 Gallon Bowfront $725.99
72 Gallon Bowfront $1579.99
Small Hex $999.99

aceheart1976;181298 wrote: tim, does that include the stand with it and what all else is needed for it to run beside the lights?

The rectangles and hex come with a stand.

The Bowfronts require a seperate stand.

They require sumps, skimmers, pumps, etc. just like any other tank. You can use any type of equipment you want with them.

Here is cut and paste:

Hex:
Measures 23""x20""x12"" ht. (25""x28"" Footprint)
Volume: 20 gals

Complete with:
- Tank and Black Acrylic Stand
- 33"" high stand w/3"" toe kick
- Return bulkhead & output nozzle
- ZC1 Sump
- Return Assembly Model ZRA
- Acrylic light bracket Model ALB

Limited Lifetime Warranty

*Pump not included.

Large Rectangle:
<span style="font-family: Arial;">Measures
Volume: 58 gals

Complete with:
- Choice of 33" Cabinet/Stand
- Black Acrylic with single door
- ZeroEdge ZS2 Sump
- Return Assemblies
- Bulkhead fittings </span>

Small Rectangle:
Measures 24"x18"x12" ht. (25"x31" Footprint)
Volume: 22 gals

Complete with:
- Tank and Black Acrylic Stand
- 33" high stand w/3" toe kick
- Return bulkhead & output nozzle
- ZC2 Sump
- Return Assembly Model ZRA
- Acrylic light bracket Model ALB

Limited Lifetime Warranty

*Pump not included.

aceheart1976;181309 wrote: holy hell, those things are more expensive then i thought. when you start adding in all the other equipment you need. you spending a massive amount of change lol

Yes they are, you see why I don't/won't keep them in inventory. :)

But they are a very cool and unique tank. You can be the first on the block to have one. :D

aceheart1976;181313 wrote: true, and be very broke and in debt for a very long time lol. but they are very nice tanks though

I know that feeling...lol

Soxx- it's Called David's Pets in Phenix City. I don't remember the address, but it's right down the road from One Stop Pet Shop.

The guy there told me his cost just about 3k.. so not something the average person could probably impulse buy... I don't think I'd mind cleaning the sides though.. At least I could reach all the way to the bottom.

And they said their first models had super bad evap, but the new ones dont' have any worse evap than a normal tank.

Back