awww cmon booster pump!

russ-iv

Market
Reaction score
so i decided to do a massive wc after servicing my cryptic fuge of hydrogen sulfide. (yes it is self contained).

anyway. about 20 gallons from full my booster pump split at the seam on the hose thread. anyone have a solid booster pump that they can recommend? water changes on the 265 would be such a drag under normal 50 psi.

thanks all

Genesis;1072754 wrote: Sidebar- what is a cryptic fuge?

the place where your critters come out at night go to. add on tunicates, sponges, squirts, and whatever else that hates the light.

in short... pergatory for a tank

Sidebar- what is a cryptic fuge?

In a nutshell, it a refugium that is not lighted (usually blacked out) and uses sponges for nutrient control. Steve Tyree was a proponent of using one and wrote a couple of books about it. Kinda a cool idea.

Sewer Urchin;1072760 wrote: In a nutshell, it a refugium that is not lighted (usually blacked out) and uses sponges for nutrient control. Steve Tyree was a proponent of using one and wrote a couple of books about it. Kinda a cool idea.

well said.
i never read any books personally but it made sense from my prior observations. it works well. the dsb i would not recommend though. even if it is isolated away from the system.

the booster pump though....

Are you looking for a booster pump for an RO system, or just something to pump your new saltwater into the tank?

It's cryptic to me ;)

Jenn

JennM;1072764 wrote: Are you looking for a booster pump for an RO system, or just something to pump your new saltwater into the tank?

It's cryptic to me ;)

Jenn

booster for ro water. goes out the faucet outside and pumps through the unit in to my tank or holding bin.

im not gonna do a 72 hour water change

DawgFace;1072789 wrote: Booster for RO shouldn't increase you GPD.

Sure it will - if you don't have good incoming PSI then the membrane isn't as effective and you waste more water.

I bought a 150 gpd RODI that I ran at 35-45 psi for a year before I bought a booster pump. It would take me nearly 8 hours to make 30 gallons. Now I do it in a little more than 2.

Sounds like you need a storage tank more than a booster pump.....

EnderG60;1072826 wrote: Sounds like you need a storage tank more than a booster pump.....

while i appreciate the advice, booster pumps work better for my application. i can perform maintenance while it fills and im done.

not a fan of waiting nor placing a 50 gallon storage tank in my house.

Back