Azure Damsel Compatibility??

Most damsels, including these, are pretty territorial. If you were to try & keep one in a community tank, I would suggest it go in last.
Overall, I’d say no.

Walter, if you’ve had him for a while then he may not get along with just about anyone. Is he in your frag tank or the display?

David

I thought I remembered seeing him in the frag tank. Probably going to be tough finding a tank mate for him seeing as how the tank is pretty small and he’s established his territory. It would almost have to be something more aggressive than him. You could try catching him and putting him in your sump. Add the new fish and keep him in there for a few days, then put him back in and see how they do. Whichever route you go, definitely need to try something with a different shape/color than him.

All good advice here so far. Unfortunately, damsels are very aggressive.

I’d also like to point out, your suggestion of adding 2 Blennies. Uhhh... that may be a challenge regardless of the damsel because Blennies are conspecifically aggressive (I.e., they are aggressive towards other Blennies). You would be better off choosing 1 blenny.

My best advice would be to add either 2 or 4 more damsels at one time. This will cause them to be concerned with just the other damsels. The more the better. They're pretty cheap so i would go with 4. What ever you choose make it sum up to an odd number. Ive had good success with this you may lose 1 or 2 out of the 5 but after that i saw no more problems with agression

Back