Baby clowns or what?

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
Ok so I get home late and turn on the lowest light in my 75 to take a peek and I see this flurry of stuff in the current. I pull out a little water to see if I can figure out what it is and I see little eyeballs. Im guessing baby clowns but I don't really know...any ideas?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
950873=53346-photo 1.jpg
>
950873=53346-photo 1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo 1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
950873=53347-photo 2.jpg
>
950873=53347-photo 2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo 2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
950873=53348-photo 3.jpg
>
950873=53348-photo 3.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo 3.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It's not clownfish larvae, but probably a shrimp. I would always catch shrimp larvae when I was trying to snag clowns.

You should know, thanks James. I added a peppermint shrimp a day ago but didn't notice it was holding. There are hundreds of them in the current, just seems odd.

One day at night I noticed the same in my old small tank, like you said, hundreds of small flurry stuff, didn't know what it was, all I could saw was that they will swim against the current lol! It was amazing to see them with the flashlight, all I had was a goby and another fish, but I had 3 peppermint shrimps on the tank, later on I noticed one has died or the other 2 kill him, I saw them being territorial for the crannies in the rock. After the day I saw the possible larvae I didn't saw it anymore... that's mysterious... :sneaky:

joseayes;950888 wrote: , but I had 3 peppermint shrimps on the tank, later on I noticed one has died or the other 2 kill him, I saw them being territorial for the crannies in the rock.

Once 2 pair off, they'll kill off the rest. They don't like competition.

Ringo®;950891 wrote: Once 2 pair off, they'll kill off the rest. They don't like competition.

Ah! Thanks for the reply! It's always tought to be a shrimp then!

It was me being lazy and research on it hehehe, thanks!

Back