Baby Peppermint Shrimps everywhere!

That’s cool. I have a pair of fire shrimp and am always wondering if they’ll reproduce but I don’t know how I’d ever know. I’m sure they’d get gobbled up as soon as they hatched

I have 3 peppermint shrimp and for the last month they've shared a cave and have molted multiple times. Just last night after my lunar light turned off, my whole was full of babies

That’s really cool. Too bad you couldn’t separate them and raise a few. Then I could buy one from you!

You could separate them but I wonder what they eat? Depending on where you are, I'd be more than happy to grab a few (if we could catch them) and add them to my coral QT. There are no predators in there and it's an established system with algae, live rock and all that other good stuff.

All my fish been having a field day with them. I don't see anymore swimming around, maybe hiding in the rocks

Theres a thread on R2R that mentions some solutions as someone on there has a shrimp currently carrying. They are tough to get through the first stages - much like most marine life.

Did you find any mature peppermint shrimp?

My peppermint shrimp babies hatched last night. I regularly feed my tank baby brine shrimp, which is a good source of food for the young peppermint shrimp. Let’s see if I end up with any adults or just yummy fish food!

Not my actual tank photo, but this is what they looked like.

Attachments

• 6FB7E0F7-718A-455E-8B96-5A944B1FB9F2.png
    6FB7E0F7-718A-455E-8B96-5A944B1FB9F2.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 18
This seems to be a well regarded book on the subject, possibly cheaper on ebay.

It is interesting that the babies can be raised on a single food source, baby brine shrimp. A quick article scan seemed to indicate that enrichment before feeding would be beneficial also.

Did you find any mature peppermint shrimp?

My peppermint shrimp babies hatched last night. I regularly feed my tank baby brine shrimp, which is a good source of food for the young peppermint shrimp. Let’s see if I end up with any adults or just yummy fish food!

Not my actual tank photo, but this is what they looked like.
unfortunately no, all of them were eaten

Back