Back after 12 years

jon

Supporting
Reaction score
Thought that I would take a second and introduce myself. My name is Jon and I live in Roswell with my wife and 9 year old daughter. I have had many aquariums and reef tanks throughout my lifetime. Moving a few times and having a child led to me putting my love for the hobby on hold for over a decade. I saw a deal on craigslist for an Elos system 70 a few years ago and I snatched it up in anticipation of eventually getting back into the hobby. A few years passed and the child that was one of the reasons I sidelined my tanks asked me, "dad, are you ever going to set that aquarium up?" That was all of the prodding that I needed :)

Current setup:

Elos system 70 with
Elos sump and skimmer that were included (will upgrade if I feel it is necessary)
Elos auto top off system
Kessil A360WE Tuna Blue for lighting (will add another if not enough)
Icecap Gyre for water movement
Jebao DC return pump
GHL 2.1 dosing pump (going to use BRS 2 part for cal, alk and mag

I just finished redoing the plumbing and am in the process of letting it run with tap for 24 hours to check for leaks before draining then adding RO/DI water, salt and live rock. I am super excited to get things going again but know to take it slow from past experience. I think that I will will set this tank up as a mixed reef and am blown away with the acans and chalice corals that have hit the market since i left the hobby. I hope to make it to some meetings and eventually swap frags once my tank is established.

-Jon

You should try and make the Expo tomorrow. Even if you aren't ready it should be an outstanding event.

Joe

Back