Back from dead

kelloggreef

Market
Reaction score
Ive read post about fish in overflows but never looked in mine. Call me weird but I like to get a flash light and look at the sand bed from under the tank to see the life you never get to see. As I was looking at the worms and snails burried under the sand I saw movement in the over flow. I looked up and it was my bar goby.I thought he died about two months ago. I called a friend to help get my canopy off and to my surprise I found my mandarin and two pink anthias along with a snail. I noticed them missing but in a 210g with 250+ pounds of rock you dont ever see the bodies. They had been in there for over a month, maybe two. Also since the canopy was off,I was able to get some frags that fell into the back of the rock work. All in all it was a good day finding four fish and some small frags.:thumbs:

Wow, they were probably happy to see you! Their world just expanded again, huh? :)

You need to make some covers for your overflows. From your avatar it looks like you have an AGA tank. I made Tim at Keen Reef a pair for his 180 display. Stop in and ask him to trace them for a pattern. Then you can cut them using a dremel.
Dave

Thanks Dave,I need something to cover them. And no they were not happy to see me,it took an hour to get them out. It was a pain in my back.

kelloggreef;254820 wrote: Thanks Dave,I need something to cover them. And no they were not happy to see me,it took an hour to get them out. It was a pain in my back.

I forgot to add: for material for the covers, go to Office Depot or Office Max. They sell black acrylic clipboards two for like $5. Use that as your material for the covers. Added bonus is that keeping the light out of your overflows keeps algae from growing and gunking up the flow.
Dave

Wow... good idea. I am going to do the same for my 210.
Z

I call dibs on a anthias your an unfit parent lol just kidding good find

haha thats awesome! i wish my sixline would show up. i sure miss it.
by the way thanks for all the frags you gave me several weeks ago. they are all doing great!

I made covers for my AGA 210 after one of my true percs went in the same overflow twice in one week.
Dave
kelloggreef;254820 wrote: Thanks Dave,I need something to cover them. And no they were not happy to see me,it took an hour to get them out. It was a pain in my back.

Back