back-up plan?

jamescook

Market
Reaction score
So what's your back-up plan? That snow kicked my butt. no power for 32 hours. i lost power at 4pm and didn't panic because I had a plan....yeah right. i hooked up an inverter to a car battery and got a pump,PH,and an air pump going...for a little while. I couldn't even run a heater. pulled another battery and kept water moving. I have a gas stove, so i was heating water on the stove and floating hot jars of water in the tanks til I went to bed at 1, but it wasn't really working. woke up at 4am and could only power the air pump.
I got the last generator at Lowes at 9am and barely made it home. cars were sliding all over the place. fired it up and got everything back on line at 10 and started heating.
my freshwater tank 60
the 24 bangaiis tank 63
the big tank 67 degrees
24 hours and $1000 later temps are back to 77 and everybody looks fine.
Our infrastructure is made of sugar. better plan for the worse
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
300810=15643-ac3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
300810=15643-ac3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ac3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
300810=15641-airpump.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
300810=15641-airpump.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="airpump.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
300810=15640-battery.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
300810=15640-battery.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="battery.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
300810=15642-generator.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
300810=15642-generator.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="generator.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

two vortech battery backups and a $500 generator. Best money ever spent.

I don't have a backup plan. I need to get one with the summer and all the storms coming.

It's like we have a few months where our temp stays around 78 and for the other 9 months you;ll need a generator. Batteries can't handle heaters

I use a cheap air pump that comes on when power supply is lost along with a true sine APC battery back up just for my return to buy me some time, and then a $400.00 generator that operates my essentials, my frig, TV, and some lighting.

If & when I switch my Tunze Streams for a Vortech, I'll get a battery backup with those.

Well I am SUPPOSED to be getting a UPS---but someone is to lazy to find a freaking cord for it...Oh yeah, I am putting you on blast Ace. Fix my gahdang UPS.

I'm from cedartown. i know how you folks from the big city fight. i had a back up plan in lindale for sure!

Ha, all 3 of us. (Eric, Ace, Myself) are Lindalians. Nice to see another local boy on the forums.

welcome james cook; yeah all lindalians or former-I am a roman now; I think deper is a carroltonian, and ace is the only still lindalian

Back