background???

I have black on both tanks and like the way the colors contrast against it:up:

I made my tank a penisula so I could view 3 sides. I was skeptical when someone first suggested this to me, since the tank kind of sticks out into the room, but If you have the space to do this, I would <u>highly</u> recommend it. It adds an entire additional dimension to your tank as far as coral placement, sandbed, etc. and critters can't *hide* behind the rocks out of view. You literally double your viewing pleasure.

attachment.php

We have a black background, but in my personal opinion, it won't matter much once the tank is established because the coraline takes over anyways. So what was once black in our tank is now purple. Just depends on whether or not you want to wait and whether you will scrape the coraline off. Really it is personal preference.

However, I will say that our 40gal has a blue one, and since it does not have coraline yet, I do not like the blue as much as the black. If it is double sided then you can always try both and choose your favorite.

You can also attach black, blue or dark gray vinyl sheeting to the back/outside of your tank rather than painting. If you don't like it, peel it off and change it.

Someone told me that dark gray (as opposed to black) will actually make your tank look prettier and make the colors of your fish and coral *pop*. Never tried it though.

I'm a *neat freak* when it comes to my tank (not my house), so I don't really care for the coraline. I keep the glass scraped clean.

I have a dark blue & a black piece of acrylic that was cut to the same size as my back glass, so I can slide whatever color I want. But I have settled for the blue. Again, it really doesn't matter that much since the coraline has taken over. It looks more natural. With the back having coraline and the blue poking through open spots. It also helps with pods and saves a lot of time cleaning.

Linda Lee;198282 wrote: I made my tank a penisula so I could view 3 sides. I was skeptical when someone first suggested this to me, since the tank kind of sticks out into the room, but If you have the space to do this, I would <u>highly</u> recommend it. It adds an entire additional dimension to your tank as far as coral placement, sandbed, etc. and critters can't *hide* behind the rocks out of view. You literally double your viewing pleasure.
I like island tanks, like the ones that divide rooms where you can get a view of all 4 sides...those are cool when space allows...

Back