Bad booster pump

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
So I’ve had my BRS 75gpd RODI for quite a while and about 5 years ago I added the 150gpd upgrade and 8800 booster pump. Prior to the pump I was getting like 20psi and would take about an hour to make 5gallons of water. With the pump And 150gpd kit I was at about 70psi and could make 5gallons in about 20-25 minutes. Well the psi has been dropping and now I’m back at an hour to make 5 gallons with the pump running. The pump is actually running but like I said the psi has dropped and it sits around 35psi. I’ve recently changed my filters and di resin. Could the pump itself get clogged?

The water goes: pump>sediment filter>5 micron Block>0.6 micron block>pressure gauge>dual membranes>di resin>out

I was looking back and it seems like it’s been a while since I’ve changed the membranes but if there was a clog post pressure gauge the pressure would be a lot higher.

I don't know about the BRS setup, but It depends upon placement of the pressure gauge. It should be right after the filter blocks and before the RO membrane. You can easily test the pressure you should be getting to your RO membrane by bypassing the the filter blocks and getting your reading before the membrane.

DJ

Sent from my SM-F900U1 using Tapatalk

I’ll try that. My gauge is between the blocks and membranes. I was going to try to clean it out really well next week.

So I hooked the pump up after after the filter blocks and the pressure gauge was hitting the limiter so I assume the pump is ok. The needle was bouncy like crazy but still hitting high pressure.

That's good news! A quick swap of the filter blocks and you should be back in business, in theory.

Sent from my SM-F900U1 using Tapatalk

Back