Bad idea to I've my BTA?

gajeep94yj

Market
Reaction score
So I finally became one of the cool kids and I bought a BTA. Problem is it decided to move to the very back of my tank and attach under the worst spot for viewing. Can't even see it from the front!

I tried to get him off the Rick but he's stuck.

Someone suggested to use an ice cube to get him to let go. Bad idea? I froze some RO water to make the cube but wondering if that's a bad idea or not

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've done the ice trick a few times. Works ok. You can also point a powerhead at it to make it upset and move. Problem is it will move again if it isn't happy where you put it.

yeah, i've moved mine a few times, it always just moved somewhere else. i didn't do the ice trick, i just took a credit card and scraped it off slowly from the rock... did this 3 time already, because the prick keeps moving and stinging my sps... ugh...

I'm not a fan of the ice trick. Move the rock if you can, and redirect a powerhead or return to change up the flow in the spot it has chosen.

At the end of the day it's going to go where it wants to go, but if it doesn't get what it needs in a particular spot, it will move on. The trick is trying to make the 'good' spot good for you too.

Jenn

If you don't have a bta but would like one, is there any way to make a spot more favorable in hopes that the bta will settle there if you get one??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I just recently removed a RBTA from a rock for the first time, twice (he attached himself to second rock I didn't want him on). It was a long annoying process holding the rock up with his foot partly out of the water while picking at it with my fingers (wearing nitrile gloves), but he eventually let go.

Back