Bad SilverSides?

rhodan

Market
Reaction score
I feed my RBTA a small piece of silverside fish a few days ago, he took it just like any other feeding, but the next morning he didn't look to good....Turned black on one side and none of the tenicals were out.....And he kept moving around the tank which was also odd behavior....I'm concerned but I'm not sure whatelse I can do. I did a water change already which didn't seem to help but I need advice on what to do next.....Maybe the silverside is stuck in his digestive track or something.

BTW, I have 3 other GBTA in the same tank and they are all real healthy, but I have not fed them any silversides since the RBTA got sick.

That really sucks! Was this a new package and have you fed it before to any of your BTAs? Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to share but I just bought a package of silversides and was going to begin feeding my BTAs with it today. Now I think I'll wait untill others speak up about the possibility of that being the culprit.

The bag was about a month old...In the freezer the whole time of course...No bad smells and I was on I would say the second fish maybe the third out of the pack....Had no issues with the previous feeding before. I had the RBTA for about 6 weeks now I guess, got it from a member of the board and it has held up great for all that time...This is the first time it has deflated and even after the first week when I first placed it into the tank....

Here are some pics I took today. He is looking better today so I'm hoping what ever it is, it is passing and the health is returning....On the far side is where the issue is....Sorry for the bad angle I was lucky that he was out an about when I got this one.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Back