Baffles

mockery

Market
Reaction score
How thick should i get the acrylic be 3/16 or 1/4. I need to know which one has a less chance of the baffles coming apart

Def. 1/4 and it is better to use Acrylic. You can use Plexiglas but in a year or so the Plexiglas will star to turn yellow and bend. And also you do not need the "special" Fish Tank silicone, if you go to home depot and get the GE "silicon 1' it is fine to use, I actually called All glass and asked them and they said that it is the same as their silicone.
CHris C

Yeah, HD has 'Lexan' silicon, maybe whatmyVW is talking about. Has worked well for me for glass/acrylic combos.

I thought it was 1/4". That guy can get that glass cut for you for cheap.

Ok so 1/4 it is

Steve;265423 wrote: I thought it was 1/4". That guy can get that glass cut for you for cheap.

Steve that guy and everyone else i called was anywhere between 80-100, and I found 1/4 acrylic for 45 shipped

How big are you wanting baffles? I had 4 pieces cut and one drilled for my 20 gallon sump and it only ran $30, all pieces about 8x12.

well 1/4 think 2pieces- .25thick by 4in wide by 14.5in tall
2pieces- .25 by 18 by 12
1pieces- .25thick by 18 by 11.5
1pieces-.25thick by 18 by 10.5
6pieces in total at steve's place the cheapest 10 for the 1st 2 and 15 for the rest it is for a 40 breeder sump/fuge/frag combination

Well i ordered the acrylic and who wants to help me build this this next weekend?

always happy to help out, way i look at it its the least i can do for the club since im still an unpaid member.

That's weird cause I got 3 pieces 12x18 roughly and it only cost 37 dollars.

Back