Balling Method

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
Anyone here using the tropic marine version, I see now that it is available in the US
I just place an order at Aqua Cave for the 3K pack
I had a long discussion with Luke at tropic marine and I think this is something I have been looking for
The third part has all those trace elements which my system is lacking now.
In my the system I have to do very large water changes to keep up with the trace elements using BRS

But maybe I am missing something here, because it sound too easy,

Fewer water changes
This stuff get dose daily automatically keeping trace elements up
Not too crazy expensive

What's am I missing

I'm guessing it's another one of those systems that's great if you have the time to dose daily, and less great if you dont.

I haven't heard of it at all, so looking forward to reading more.

I just heard of it also but it seems the Europeans been using it for years
I have a doser already that's doing all my dosing for me
With the BRS stuff
So that should not be a problem

Doing less water changes got my attention

seems like a mainstream version of the triton method (triton's hq is in germany as well).

this isnt a 100% wc free method according to tropic marine either. bicarbonate is consumed by corals leaving behind sodium which will increase salinity over time.

they state that their sodium chloride contains trace elements. well how much? are you adding a ton of magnesium? manganese? iron? or is it deficient?

lots of questions. if i were serious about going this route, i would go the more premium triton route. At least you will know the composition of the trace elements in your water and how much is consumed.

If you do try tropic marin's path. let us know how it worked for you.

Well I don't plan to elimate water changes and I,don't add a lot of magnesium to the tank
My last reading was 1370

But I thought I triton method was on the pricey side, that's what scare me away

With the tropic method the $45.00 pack should last about 2 months if my calculations are right
Starting out anyway

pbyrmartin;1069453 wrote: Well I don't plan to elimate water changes and I,don't add a lot of magnesium to the tank
My last reading was 1370

But I thought I triton method was on the pricey side, that's what scare me away

With the tropic method the $45.00 pack should last about 2 months if my calculations are right
Starting out anyway

What i meant by magnesium is this.

When you add the sodium chloride mix, it states it also has "trace elements" in there too. While you may not be adding magnesium directly... that salt mix might be. Nevermind the other trace elements we cannot test for.

Back