Banded Coral Shrimp

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a Banded Coral Shrimp that I have had for ever. It's been kept seperated from my other shrimps but I may need to move it to another tank in order to break down the nano it is in. My question is will the CBS get along with other cleaner shrimp that are about the same size? Any body keeping these type shrimp together? I am thinking about adding it to my 210 with a lot of rock and hiding places but would hate to see this guy hunt down and kill my cleaners. thanks!
Bob

My CBS had my Skunk CS for lunch soon after putting it in the tank. :yes:

I have had Peppermints and GCBS in my 160 for a while...I only have the GCBS left...and I bet he ate the PMS!

We have 2 cleaners and a cb in our 210 and have now for about 6 months with absolutely no problems. They are all about the same size.

thanks for the feedback. I think I will probably hold off on moving it to the 210 since it can easily live in my Frag tank. I may try putting it in with a pep shrimp or two and see how it reacts.

I have had peppremints, cleaners, and CBS for years, never a problem. One night I even saw the CBS come across a peppermint spazzing while molting , the CBS felt around and went about his business. I am sure like all inhabitants, each has a certain disposition. Just like I have never seen my astria starfish bother a coral, but others would tend to disagree.

hmmm. I just realized that there are two peppermint shrimp in the nano with the CBS right now. I guess he has left them alone for some time now so might be ok. Still probably play it safe for now.

For the last 4 years I have always had a coral banded with either a cleaner, fire, and or peppermints. I have never had any issues with shrimp on shrimp cannibalism.

I have 6 Cleaner, 2CBS and 2 Fireshrimp.. No problems so far.. Just make sure they all have some good rock work to retreat when they get territorial.. I sometimes see them all get a little snappy..

Back