Bartlett in the rocks with cleaner shrimp for three days ??

tonymission

Market
Reaction score
So I had four Bartletts and one of them went carpet surfing before I had a chance to get the tank covered. A few weeks later I obviously had a new dominant male with the male markings and he definitely was a big bully with the other anthias but it all seemed playful. A few weeks after him establishing his dominance and now he's been hanging in his rock spot for the last three days with the cleaner shrimp and not even coming out for food when normally he's out swimming with my MP40 currents and the hungriest little guy. He will swim around in his hole sometimes, turning around, seems like he's not breathing heavily, there are no marks on him, full vibrant coloration. The shrimp will come out like a madman when I'm feeding (they're funny) but then go back in with the bartlett. Anyone experienced anything like this? I love my bartletts and don't feel like losing another one.

All my water params are spot on. Only variable I can think of is I removed the foam on my MP40s and the flow is a lot stronger... behavior almost started about the same time but he's my biggest swimmer and even the tiny chromis are loving the increased flow.

Just as I typed this he came out for the first time, swam a lap and went right back in. Doesn't make any sense to me. Didn't notice anything wrong with him at all.

Just reading now that if you have two anthias turn male (might have happened, hard to tell) that one can force the other to hide until they starve to death. Great...

Back