Bb cuc ?

kirkwood

Market
Reaction score
I'm wondering for the experienced BB reefers out there (Acroholic) what you recommend for CUC and how the needs differ from a traditional reef with sandbed?

I transitioned my CUC from my last sandbed tank that consisted of blue/red leg hermits, Tsongan Nassarius, and astrea... Without the sandbed I thought the nassarius might not make it, but so far they remain active at night cleaning the BB and devouring any Nori leftover on the algae clip.. The Astrea are doing well cleaning the BB and side glass - if anything BB is easier for them because they can move easier over glass... The hermits definitely seem to be impacted the most because they don't move easily on the BB.. And given the higher flow levels I can achieve with BB I'm not sure if I will even need hermits moving fwd...I think the flow, astrea, and tangs can keep the rock work clean...

i have a bb tank.this is my cuc 3 cleaner shrimp dozon+ astrea snail a fewmexican turbo snails cerith snails.i dont have any crabs they get blown around the tank since they have nothing to hold on to.i do keep blue legs and one emrald crab in the sump.another thing you might want to get rid of any starfish in the tankthey will go under corals that are on the bottom and move them around and sometimes it can be bad if they move a chalice and acans or zoas right next to eachother.all my nassarius snails died so you might want to get rid of them.

here my tank a little dirty but thats the way she goes sometimes

Back