BC 29 what do you guys put in the back?

XkyleScoreX

Market
Reaction score
Hi guys new member here. I have an old style BC 29 Im setting up after having it torn down for awhile. I had always ran the back main tank filled witg live rock rubble. Then some filter floss at the top spillway from the first intake tank into the main tank. Im wondering if I should get a media basket and a nano protein skimmer like a tunze 9002 or if I should leave it like it is. Or maybe use a media basket and then rubble on the other side of the main tank. What do you guys do?

I have always used Intank filter baskets in all my AIO tanks including a biocube.. In the first section Id run floss, then carbon/chemi-pure, and finally some matrix. I tried using the 2nd section as a fuge but did not have much luck and ended up putting more matrix instead. Never bothered with a skimmer just did bi weekly water changes. You should check out Intank.

Thanks I went ahead and order a media basket. I think im going to see how it does with that and fill the other side with rubble. I like the bricks you can buy to keep it tidy but ive read bad reviews

Ok finally got my back set up. I ordered a media basket from intank. He sent a free flow diverter with it!. I had an old flow mod on my chamber so I then had to cut the media basket so it would match up. I then bought some bags at atlanta aquarium and filled them with seachem matrix. This really fills the back nicely. The bags make it easy to pull up if I need to switch out the media basket. I think this setup is really good.
20220208_065113.jpg

I took the floor out of chamber one to put my heater in. Should I put any matrix or live rick rubble in chamber one?

I took the floor out of chamber one to put my heater in. Should I put any matrix or live rick rubble in chamber one?
I would keep the matrix in the center section after mechanical filtration . If you put it in the first section it will get clogged with crud very quickly.

Back