Before and After Pics

kirkwood

Market
Reaction score
Maybe some of you read my previous thread about removing problem zoas/palys, which created a bit of a stir and almost got PETA involved. j/k

Anyway, over the weekend I took it upon myself to handle my problem teal palys before they took over everything in their path.. Over the past couple months I've upgraded my maintenance/testing/dosing schedule to keep some SPS and needed to clean up my aquascape so that my new additions would have space to grow... The 2nd pic is the after pic and you can see the new additions of garf bonsai (top left), green slimer, captain america paly (top right), red hornet, joker zoa.. Other additions that can't be seen include red planet, ora tricolor acro, oxides, jedi mind trick monti, la lakers, sour apple zoa, armageddon, king midas colony, fruit loops, chongs bong, yellow fiji leather, unknown chalice (grey/pink), nuclear green paly..

The method of choice was a tweezer first, then wire brush, then soaked in boiling water... The gloves and goggles saved me on multiple occasions... But how frustrating is it that no matter how precise you are at taking the rocks out and remembering how they go back in, it never seems to work the way you originally planned.. I couldn't get the rocks right the first time, had to sleep on it, and then redid the entire aquascape... arrggh, it was frustrating but once i got it right i could sit back with a glass of bourbon and finally enjoy...

now i'm off to my next challenge - figuring out an ATO setup and auto-dosing (specifically alk)...

Edit:

Edit:

Edit:

Edit:

Edit: oops wrong "after" pic.. that is the full tank shot... the 1st pic would be the right side of my full tank pic... disregard my mentioning of where frags are located... the full tank pic shows just about everything i mentioned except the yellow fiji leather, king midas zoa colony, sour apple zoa, and la lakers
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
738312=35251-tank2.jpg
>
738312=35251-tank2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back