Reaction score
here is mineza

Nov 6, 2006
nov6.jpg
alt="" />

July 1, 2007
july1.jpg
alt="" />

Impressive! Let me know if you need to frag any of that SPS back!

How much did you spend on livestock? Truthfully, it's between us reefers... Looks very expensive:up:

expensive is relative, but i didn't pay anywhere near retail for anything in there.

ouling;52973 wrote: How much did you spend on livestock? Truthfully, it's between us reefers... Looks very expensive:up:

expensive is relative, but i didn't pay anywhere near retail for anything in there.

ouling;52973 wrote: How much did you spend on livestock? Truthfully, it's between us reefers... Looks very expensive:up:

Seedless Reefer;53326 wrote: tank specs please.....size, lights, filtration etc.

tank/stand
ok, hmmmm.... tank is a 46 bowfront (missing the centerbrace lol) on a ghetto oceanic geneva stand (the one with shelves on the side and a lil cabinet in the middle)

lights 4 39w ho t-5s. over driven to he** by an icecap ballast and they have icecap slrs. ... 2x65k starcoats in the middle and a random actinic is in the front and some random 10 k in the back. all the bulbs are about 5 months old. um 12on 12off all on @ the same time and all off @ the same time. --

flow
that 1 tunze 6060 you can see in the picture and 3 seios that you can't shoved down behind the rocks: an 1100 and an 820 in the bottom corners blowing out and another 1100 right beside the overflow blowing diagonal down under it. oh and a mag 5 return that is closed almost all the way for a return.

filtration
i've got 2 skimmers a euroreef rs80 anda reef octopus 200 with a mesh mod.9w coralife turbotwist ran by a maxijet400.the sump is a 55 in the room beside the tank i put all the baffels and everything in there the e.r. skimmer comes first then the octopus then the u.v gfets water from the same chamber as the return and puts it back into the 1 section of the sump. mag 5 return dialed down a little mor4e than 1/2 way.
sum.jpg
alt="" />
*note* the knop-c reactor isn't running im just to busy to take it off the wall. there is, however, an aquamedic 400 w/probe sitting behind there that you can't see w a ph probe

live rock
i dunno how much but i know it is at least 3 lbs per gallon.....a lot of marshall and fiji.

coral.... honestly there have been a few times stuff has fallen behind the rockwork and i didn't notice any of it was missing for weeks. yeah... a lot. 1 of ealmost everything ora cultures, lots of zoas lots of sps. i just pt those lps onthe bottom bc the lights are getting old and they can stand it.

fish..... lol

2 domino damsels
1 yellow damsel
2 yellow tail damsels
strawberry pseudo
another pseudo (blue can't remember the name rt now)
falco's hawk
lyretail hawk
blue streak damsel
3 neon gobies
tractor blenny

ummm....

2 tom. clowns
potters angel
fairy bass anthias

purple tang
hippo tang

seriously.

i feedeveryone sparingly except the tangs get clips.

other than that i do a water change every 2 weeks and entirely drain the sump and hit it with the hose on my vaccume cleaner when i do and give it fresh h20... magnet everyday if i get a chance and...... on top of the calcium reactor i add a handfull of seachen strontium and a hand full of magnsium once or twice depending.... trace elements, tech i, coral accel, um marine snow like 2 times ever and that advantage calcium as needed....

anything else?

wow, thanks!
the only problem is that there are a ton of "rules" of this reef game being broken in that tank at all times. if you watch closely this thread will prolly be devoured by tha tang police in about 2.5657 seconds.

thanks for the compliment tho i really do appreciate it.

Linda Lee;53331 wrote: this is gorgeous ~ ~

I vote this as *tank of the month*

:D

jdav;53499 wrote: wow, thanks!
the only problem is that there are a ton of "rules" of this reef game being broken in that tank at all times. if you watch closely this thread will prolly be devoured by tha tang police in about 2.5657 seconds.

Right or wrong, your tank still looks nice.

jdav;53499 wrote: wow, thanks!

You know what, I actually thought the same thing about the "rules" being broken. But I actually have a buddy of mine that has a 75g with a yellow hawaiian, purple tang, and a sohal tang along with many other fish and tons of rock and coral....and he has no problem. Of course I tried to mix two different tangs (kole and yellow hawaiian) and had a fatality.

I think a lot of the "rules" can vary between tanks...but after failing at mine I try to stick to the recommendations.

Back