Bengaii Cardinal Advise

laura

Market
Reaction score
I finally took the plunge and purchased 2 bengaii cardinals. They were beautiful. I had to catch my 3 damsels, which took hours. But I finally did it. After 3 days, one died. The other seems to be doing ok. It's now been 9 days.

My question for the experts is this. Should I get another one right away, or wait to see how this one does? The LFS told me they need to be in pairs. He thought he probably gave me a male and a female. If he was correct, it is the male that survived.

The only other fish I have is a clown and a dragon goby - 29 gallon tank. The tank is not so lively with the damsels gone. They at least kept some activity going.

Turn off the bat light.
We need a Bobz light to shine in the sky.

Laura;275030 wrote: Should I get another one right away, or wait to see how this one does? The LFS told me they need to be in pairs.

You will be fine with only the one fish if that's all you want to keep. If you do decide to get another one, watch them closely and make sure that one is not harassing the new one when you put it in. These fish are born male and female and in a small system they would not likely tolerate another fish of the same sex for long. If they do not pair up, I would take it out and try another. Oh yeah, and be sure to ask your LFS if they are tank raised before you buy!

Bob

Back