Berghia Nudibranch

Rumor is there may be a powerbuy on these at some point...(August-September though)

you could try sending an email to the woman that started this thread.
showthread.php

haha lets do a powerbuy now.. how could you not want these guys

they mow thru aptasia and don't touch coral... and they only get 1.5 inches and they only come out at night

perfect

I mean, we only need 1 of these guys anyways.. let him hop from tank to tank.. constantly fed

don't get too excited.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18231">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18231</a>

Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime from kroger. best choice by far.

but I only have &lt;20 aiptasia.. I nuke them whenever i see them with lemon juice, and I only have 1 peppermint shrimp (i seem him MAYBE once a month)

Carty;302921 wrote: but I only have <20 aiptasia.. I nuke them whenever i see them with lemon juice, and I only have 1 peppermint shrimp (i seem him MAYBE once a month)

I saw an article that suggested that for the larger aiptasia you may need a couple of pepps to "double team" them.

I have no idea whether it works or not, but the nice thing is that they aren't dependent on eating aiptasia to survive.

Apparently the berghia / aiptasia battle is a classic predator-prey "boom/bust" cycle -- the aiptasia "booms", and the berghia population feeding on them booms too, then they run out of aiptasia to eat and the berghia population busts, and then the one or two hidden aiptasia start growing again and start the whole process over again.

So in that case you need to have a separate tank culturing the aiptasia to grow your berghias in to keep the population high enough to find the stragglers.

I wonder if a combination berghia / pepp approach would do it.

Me, I just see a few every now and then so the lemon juice works for me.

thats what im using at the moment.. lemon juice.. works great

peppermint shrimp eat berghia so that wouldn't work

maybe ill develop some new parasite that only attacks aiptasia and sell it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Back