Berghia Nudibranchs

leyth

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have some big Berghia Nudibranchs in my tank and I think they have eradicated the aiptasia in my tank. I think they might be starving since I am starting to see them during the day time.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what to do or do I just have to let them die? They are pretty expensive so I would hate to just let them die.

Thanks

I'm sure you can find people to buy them off you. Could be a cool idea to have a club supply of them!

I wouldn't mind trying to breed them, I have a 5 gallon tank that I am not using for anything. I just don't know how to feed them if they only eat aiptasia.

Leyth;1107361 wrote: I wouldn't mind trying to breed them, I have a 5 gallon tank that I am not using for anything. I just don't know how to feed them if they only eat aiptasia.

Start with an aiptasia farm. Easy to multiple, just stir up the water. Pretty soon, you'll have enough aiptasia to feed the Berghia Nudibranchs.

Wannabee

There is a restaurant here in Buckhead near all the bars called Genki...they probably have 40 lbs of live rock and every inch of it covered in Aptasia...maybe they will give you a rock.

I think I am going to attempt breeding them. I will keep you guys updated.

Nah, I haven't had time. They're still in my tank, I've found baby ones in there though so they are breeding in my tank.

Some wrasses will eat them, mostly in the Halichoeres  genus.

If you have some that you're willing to sell let me know I am looking for some!

Back