best 15.00 ive spent in a while.maxijet mod

markl

Market
Reaction score
i was at keen reef today and saw a maxijet 400 in tims reef tank. it had a funny looking end on it. tim told me it was a mod kit he sells and would turbo charge a maxi jet 400 .so i bought one for mixing salt water.:eek: it felt like i stuck a 400 hsp v8 in a mazda miata. i figured it would work ok ,but man this thing is incredible. thanks tim

it works great in your tank-go ahead and spring the extra couple $$ for the magnet that keeps it from falling-(as opposed to using the suction cups that will eventually fail)

Yeah, those are pretty nice. Amazingly cheap way to add a heck alot of flow.

^^^^+1 agreed, 'vettechris; I wouldn't put them in the league of the Tunzes or anything, but they can generate a good bit of flow for a LOT cheaper

1+
I got two magnet holders and two 2100GPH mods for my maxijet 1200's and had to change them to the 1600GPH because of the amount of flow!
These are a amazing mod for the price!
Also go back and get the magnets,they are soooooo worth it,no more power heads in the sand!!!!

Here's a post on reefcentral where a dude builds one of these.

showthread.php

I have always used the ECO mods for the MJ1200 with the Magnet Holders in my 160 Cube. Great flow at a fraction of the costs of Tunze or Vortecs.

i couldnt imagine doing it to a mj 1200. id sure like to try.

Back