Best 2 part manual dosing solution???

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
Currently im using the brightwell aquatics reef code a & b, no complaints but im about to be out.
What is everyone else dosing with that i can buy locally and you like?

We just bought the Seachem Aquavitro line.

We have yet to use it though as my substrate is calcite and my reading is 520.

Bulk Reef Supply 2part kit, soooooo much cheaper and the same results and "name" brands

for a larger system, I would go with bulkreefsupply, however, I have been using b-ionic (evs), and I really like it. I had used C-Balance before, but it is more expensive since it's more diluted and it doesn't remain soluble.

I have a 90g SPS reef and have been dosing BulkReefSupply 2-part + magnesium. I got some B-Ionic as part of a tank teardown I bought, and I definitely think their alkalinity supplement (Part 1) is more effective than the bulkreefsupply stuff.

With BRS, I test my water, dose as needed, then retest, only to learn that I need to dose more.

With B-Ionic, I test my water, dose as needed, then retest, and the level is right where the calculators say it should be. I don't know what causes this, but it's always the case for me.

That being said, when my BRS additives run out, I'm going to buy more of it. It's well worth the trouble for the bargain it provides versus the store-bought stuff like B-Ionic.

Just my $0.02 (funnier comments this time, please)

-Dustin

Been using Kent Tech CB Part A and B for saeveral years with good results. I buy the large jugs on drsfostersmith.com.

Man I really need to test my water, lol. Although I tested my ALK and it was 9 soooo I'm just figuring my CA is in line. However, when I have to boost my levels a little (have a reactor, so that's not that often) I use driveway heat for CA, bulk feer supply mag flake for MG and baking soda for ALK. The only thing I've added to the tank though in the past year is the mag flake.

Back