best 250w de 14k bulb

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
hey guys was wondering what your opinion on a de hqi bulb for a 250 watt i wat a 14k bulb so give me your opinions

how much is a DE Phoenix 250watt bulb? That is if you know off the top of your head, noy asking anyone to research it for me

Phoenix 14K hits the spot. Nice lite blue color.

$59.95

merchant.mvc

What ballast are you running? That could make a difference as to which will work best for you. The Phoenix is definitely a top choice. Some others to look at are the Ushio and BLV 14k bulbs. They are newer to the market but are getting some pretty good reviews. Iwasaki has also just released their DE 250w 15k bulb.

well i got the galaxy 250 dual and i am using 2 reef optix 3 for reflectors i choose the usio 20k cause they are like 14k but they are on back order so if i can get something else i would and it sounds like the pheonix is the way to go

Oh yeah, I am running my Phoenix on an Icecap ballast.

Victor I am assuming that your going to run at least two (if not more) on your tank? What are you planning on keeping?

im also going to have 2 t5 actinic plus and if i have room im gonna add two more but maybe the midays

What are you planning on keeping in the tank? I am thinking and someone correct me but if you are only going to have 2 MH fixtures I may tend to look a the Ushio 14K which is more like a 10K or a 10K bulb.

I wish you had psoted this a couple of hours ago as I had a slightly used Ushio 14K I would let you borrow and see if you like that.

Who makes your ballast? Is it actually a HQI ballast or just a DE lamp? Just want to make sure because alot of regular or electronic ballast will power HQI bulbs.

I assume best as meaning putting out the most light. Here are some figures which may surprise you

I PM'ed you a lighting chart for the PFO HQI ballast. All the bright lights, the 180 PPDF ones are all 10k. If you want 14k then the brighest are 110 PPDF. And they're the aquaconnect and Pheonix hexarc.

I use the Pheonix 14K 250W DE bulbs and love them. I started with BLV 10K bulbs which had great PAR but were just too white. I also have 2 strips of HO T5 actinics, however, the DE 250s are so bright that the T5 Actinics don't make much change in tank color.

http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ss_galaxy_dual_250w&Category_Code=d6&Product_Count=14">http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ss_galaxy_dual_250w&Category_Code=d6&Product_Count=14</a>
this is thte ballast i have

Back