Best dosing for apex

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Thinking of adding a doser to my apex to make a few things simpler and more stable. There is the DOS, but geez it's a lot for only 2 pumps!
Are there others out there that play nice with the Apex.?
Thanks
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the BRS dosers and works fine. I am at 16 minutes 4 times a day on alk. And 14 minutes 4 times a day on Calcium.

I also run the brs dosers on my apex with out any issues.
Affordable and reliable.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1049202 wrote: I also run the brs dosers on my apex with out any issues.
Affordable and reliable.

Same - 45 seconds, 12 times/day for both of my dosers

Do you guys run kalk also? I dose via my apex and brs dosers and I'm at like 44 mins alk and 38mins calcium. I don't run kalk anymore though because I had a hard time with evaporation rates varying based on outdoor humidity levels. I plan on using a kalk stirrer in my new tank and figuring out a way to program the apes such that it only allows a certain amount of kalk make up water per day and clean water the rest of the day. My current tanks a 110 and fairly heavy on sps.

I do use a kalk stirrer actually.
That being said I plan on using a doser for things other than 2 part.:)

I use a kalk reactor as well. Ph stays around 8.3-8.4 throughout the day.

outdrsyguy1;1049225 wrote: Do you guys run kalk also? I dose via my apex and brs dosers and I'm at like 44 mins alk and 38mins calcium. I don't run kalk anymore though because I had a hard time with evaporation rates varying based on outdoor humidity levels. I plan on using a kalk stirrer in my new tank and figuring out a way to program the apes such that it only allows a certain amount of kalk make up water per day and clean water the rest of the day. My current tanks a 110 and fairly heavy on sps.

Maybe using an auto feeder to dump a certain amount of Kalk into the stirrer on a daily timer? That would be the route that I would go although calibrating might be tricky.

Back