Best fish I ever added to my tanks!

rostato

Market
Reaction score
Green Chromis! How cow, I cannot beleive how friendly they are. I bought the four of them from Jesse, and ever since all my other fish a 10 times more friendly.

They somehow got my carpenters flasher wrasse to stop hiding, he now swims with them, and my Fox face and 2 other tangs are not scared of me anymore.

Befoew, when it was feeding time, everyone (except for the clown) used to hide untill I left, and then they would eat.

Now when I try to put a Nori sheet in the Algae clip they eat it out of my hands and attack it before I can even get it in. It's actually a little frusterating because I don't want to get stuck by the fox face, and I can never get it in the clip. Every fish swarms the nori sheet and attacks it out of my hand. Pretty crazy.

I just thought I would share, and wondered if anyone else has had the same experience. They might not look the coolest, but they are by far the best addition to my tanks yet.

I should take a video of feeding time to show how nuts it is.

I love my chromies...I'll always have them in whatever tank I have. The only problem I've seen with them is once they get older the larger ones will start to pick on the smaller ones. Or if one is injured, the others will pick on it. Other than that, a great "filler" fish that schools and is cheap. Mine are always ecstatic when food coming to the tank, I've actually had my fingers nipped many times...doesn't hurt, but it startles you when you're not expecting it.

Barbara;297719 wrote: The foxface won't stick ya! Mine eats out of my fingers and his teeth always startle me a little, but he's very careful when he's around my hand. My foxface is my friendliest fish and always eats out of my hand. I can also pet my male Hawaiian flame wrasse, even when I don't have food. If I walk up to the tank and open the canopy, the flame comes right to the front, and when I put my fingers in, he swims right into the cup of my hand for me to pet him. The female will come close enough for me to stroke her with one finger too. I think it's kinda cool, but I do agree it's annoying when you're trying to do something in the tank. Poor things can't tell the difference and are always trying to nudge me when I'm moving a coral or feeding the anemone, etc.

I am more worried about his top fins. I don;t wanna be hurling all nithgt long after trying to feed the fish. I am not too worried, just careful

I petted the Oscars over at Atlantis!

It was not a good idea :(

Barbara;297719 wrote: The foxface won't stick ya! Mine eats out of my fingers and his teeth always startle me a little, but he's very careful when he's around my hand. My foxface is my friendliest fish and always eats out of my hand. I can also pet my male Hawaiian flame wrasse, even when I don't have food. If I walk up to the tank and open the canopy, the flame comes right to the front, and when I put my fingers in, he swims right into the cup of my hand for me to pet him. The female will come close enough for me to stroke her with one finger too. I think it's kinda cool, but I do agree it's annoying when you're trying to do something in the tank. Poor things can't tell the difference and are always trying to nudge me when I'm moving a coral or feeding the anemone, etc.

I believe they're called dither fish, same as danios in freshwater. My 3 (los tres amigos) swim around like a gang, but I definitely notice other fish are always out when the chromis are out.

Yup everyounce in a while I get the 4 of them and the other 4 fish swimming the length of the tank together like a dysfunctional school of fish...the clown just stays in her nem anymore.

Back