Best LPS for mid/top of tank, higher-PAR areas?

JDMixon

Reaction score
Looking to fill out the rest of my Cobalt C-Vue 45 cube (finally beat dinos and GHA!!!) and the only spots really left are mid-to-top of the tank. I'm using a reefbreeders photon 24 at around 35% power.

What’s your definition of higher Par? Most lps will do well if properly acclimated. I would probably go with euphyllia

Euphyllia love light. Torches, hammers, candy cane, etc.

Yes to both statements. I've got a platygyra that is advertised as "low to mid light requirements" that gets cooked in my tank. The rock it was on got moved during a large re-aquascaping event and it ended up towards the top. It died back but there were still mouths tucked in and under some nooks and crannies and over the years it's grow and spread into on of the brightest spots of my tank (375+ PAR).

Oh, pink hydnophora at the top of the tank. In my mind I'm picturing it up and clear of anything it could sting and I'm liking what I'm seeing (in my head).

@JDMixon - hit me up and let's get a PAR reading on the books. Without knowing what we're talking about it really is kind of hard. I've done a lot of PAR readings for members and mid to top of the tank can be a huge swing in light intensity.

Back