Best online retailer for larger soft coral frags?

Tanster2

Market
Reaction score
Just wondering who you guys use. I've quite a bit of empty space I'd like to fill with a few softies, not necessarily gigantic pieces, but not 1 inch frags either. LiveAquaria is sold out of a lot of the corals I'm looking for. Any recommendations?

What are you looking for? I'd imagine you'd have better luck asking members for larger frags. I've got some cabbage coral and long tentacled toadstool that you could get. I'm sure not the only one so let us know what you're looking for and let's see what we can get for ya! The only online vendors that I usually deal with sell higher end stuff and they mostly only offer smaller pieces. If you're looking for zoas and mushrooms, there are plenty of folks around that I'm sure could break you off a nice big piece and it would be much cheaper than paying online vendor shipping.

Sure thing! So I'm looking for a nice sized cauliflower colt, a redtip tree coral(the really photosynthetic kind), blue ridge, and possibly a finger leather, preferably the the white/pinkish variety. I am more than willing to take donations or pay for these corals if they're medium sized as I'm not asking for any too large... in the 2-5 inch range. The only downside is I'm located near Newnan, so it's a little drive from many of you. I'm willing to meet half way or pay for overnight shipping. I'd gladly pay for shipping actually.

Also, if you guys have any suggestions for softies that don't take over tanks, but add a nice touch, please let me know. I already have plenty of designer zoas and mushrooms, so those aren't necessary.
Thanks!!!!!

I’m a fan of Unique Corals. They offer a ‘Just Colonies’ filter that are mostly in the 2-5” size range. Then you can filter by the type of corals you want to see colonies for.

Their prices for colonies are very reasonable for some of those large stunners. I keep a tab for their page open, and refresh it every few days.

Here’s a couple I regret not getting.
F6660E8F-9BEC-4806-8815-BFD64880D35E.jpegB3BDC433-30ED-4D1D-9489-AF5391F0CD05.jpeg

Their prices are actually really good! and much of their stock is WYSIWYG. The only downside is most of the colonies they offer aren't softies. However I'm still glad you recommended them because I've been eyeballing this site for a while and never used them. You've bought coral though them before?

I’ve bought an XL Acropora Horrida colony from them, and was overall impressed. Good packaging, fast shipping, true color photographs and sizing. they threw in a fully encrusted 1.5” Garf Bonsai frag and a coupon for my next purchase.

Yeah, usually the Acros and the softies are sold quickly after they’re posted. LPS seem to linger on their site and not move as quickly.

Their acans looks amazing and their prices are super fair for the coloration. Ordering acros in the mail kinda scares me if they're the more fragile ones, but after looking through their website I think im gonna have to get some of their lps. Looks too good to

be true and as I mentioned, a ton of it is WYSIWYG. Free shipping at $150 is great too.

I stick with WWC
I got an order from WWC yesterday. Their "Pandora" Zoanthids are just plain old pink/gold zoas, but the orange ricodrea Florida they sent me was a beautiful specimen. Overall they have good quality but it's pricey and frags are tiny.

Back