best place for new bulkhead

tmarlow09

Reaction score
Good evening,
I am trying to get my 75 gallon reef tank back up after a crash a year and a half ago.

Long story short, as soon as I started running the pump that goes from the sump to the main tank, I noticed a slight drip of water. I investigated and discovered that there was a hairline crack in the nipple where you put the vinyl tubing.

My question is, other than going online and trying to figure out exactly what I need, which of our local reef stores has the best stock of bulkheads

the one i am needing to replace had a pre-molded connection on the bottom to hold the return 1in diameter exterior, 3/4 inch interior tubing and a 1 inch slip slot on top. I believe it is a lifeguard aquatics piece.

Went to lowes and home depot and their parts just will not work as they are two small for the drilled hole.

Sincerely,

Tim

I have some 1" to 1". I use These instead. I use a 1"-3/4" bushing and leave 1" for drain line. 3/4 return 1" drain. I keep some new one here all the time. Also have some with barb fittings as well. Shoot me a PM if you need some.

We sell bulkheads from 1/2" - 3" in size.

We sell hose barbs in 1/2", 3/4", and 1" size (Fit into the bulkheads)

We have "barbed" bulkheads in 3/4" and 1" (I believe these are what you are talking about)

We sell the barbed bulkheads but usingh the regular bulkheads and gluing in a bard is going to be much stronger.

Everything listed above is Lifeguard Aquatics brand

Back