Best place in US for reef keeping??

cgill311

Market
Reaction score
I think we're pretty blessed to live here in Atlanta with access to so many fine reef stores, reefkeepers, and clubs.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks are the best/good places to live if you're in this hobby?

Los Angeles? Is that where all the Pacific imports come to?

I was reading on another forum (sorry folks) and they had a poll that suggested Michigan of all places...Kind of struck me as odd but there was a lot of backing behind it.

I would imagine SoCal would be the best, and then miami after that

Mockery;244255 wrote: Hawaii would be my guess
the fish there are expensive, or atleast in some of the stores i went to in maui, but i went to them on the tourist side of town, keihi. the plus though is you can catch most of your fish. isnt mephis like the aquarium state?

blind1993;244259 wrote: isnt mephis like the aquarium state?
i don't know but what i do know is mephis is a city last i checked.:lol2:Just messing with you blind. I'm going to google that now

thedeper;244263 wrote: It is against rules to link towards other forums isn't it?
Not that i know of i see links to Reef Central all the time

And blind could not find anything on google

Here is a poll on another forum that I was talking about
showthread.php

Mockery;244266 wrote: i don't know but what i do know is mephis is a city last i checked.:lol2:Just messing with you blind. I'm going to google that now
i obviously knew mephis was not a state just forgot to put that down.:)

how could linking be not allowed.. no other forum is competition for ARC :)

I can't even think of another atlanta reef forum

I personally think right here in Atlanta is great. I was talking with someone the other day about it. We have access to some great LFS and corals. Do you see what corals go for elsewhere? Plus we have the best reef club in the country IMO.

The Atlanta and Miami ski clubs are the biggest and best in the country, or were when I was involved. So maybe the same goes for SW enthusiasts. The further you are from the source, the stronger your organization. Would be good logic for the Michigan thing.

Back