Best place to buy a tank/stand/canopy

cdub

Market
Reaction score
I've struck out on trying to find a used one, so now I'm looking for some opinions on the best place to buy a new tank.

you looking for glass, or acrylic. If Glass I know glass cages makes a good tank I have owned 2. Acrylic I hear Tim over at MRC makes some nice tanks. I am sure there are people on here will help you make a nice stand.

Or Chris at Fish Scales had some nice deals in, new and used.

I might have a 90 gallon with stand and canopy for sale in the next week or two.

I am looking for a 120(4'x2'x2') with a stand and canopy. I'm leaning towards glass as I'm a little worried about acrylic scratching.

I had a hard time finding the sa,e type of tank. I just settle with a 90, but I know you want more since yours is a 95. You have the room, why not go with a 6ft tank if your going to upgrade anyway?

Matthew had several in that size range that were GREAT prices, compliments of the Grand Opening sale. He had three-four tanks in that 90-125 gallon range. For example the 90 gallon reef ready was under $450 for both tank and stand. Don't know if he could extend the sale price, but worthwhile to check.

Yeah 120's are the greatest... Check with tim at keen reef.. I know he can order one.. As can anybody in a lfs..good luck.. Yeah that 185 at creation rocks!!

Give Ocea Aquarium Products a call.

http://www.oceaaquariumproducts.com/">http://www.oceaaquariumproducts.com/</a>

I was looking for a 120 but they gave me such a good deal I went with a 150 gallon instead. The deal was worth the drive. They are a few hours away.

thanks for the advice everyone, looks like i have a few calls to make.

oh and no 6' tank or the wife will kill me, i was allowed to get a "bigger" tank as long it was the same width(4'). so i figured a 4x2x2 was about the best i could do.

cdub;301148 wrote: oh and no 6' tank or the wife will kill me, i was allowed to get a "bigger" tank as long it was the same width(4'). so i figured a 4x2x2 was about the best i could do.

HAHA, yeah I went from 3' to 4' and almost got killed. I tried to convince her to let me do a 6 or 7' room divider viewable on 3 sides and I got the look of death!

Back