Best Place to Buy A Tank?

stanfill reef

Market
Reaction score
We are looking at moving. When we do, I want to upgrade from the 72-gal bowfront to a 120-150 RR glass tank.

Where is the best place to purchase the tank?

I bought mine from glasscages.com...However, if I had to do it again. I would buy it local and from one of the sponsors in here. The reason why is when they deliver it to you, you will have to meet them somewhere either north or south (kind of far)depending on where you live and usually during work hours. Very inconvenient.

If you mean a new tank, I'd say pick a local store that you want to build a relationship with (obviously a good one close to your new location is a starting choice). Most stores sell the tanks pretty close to cost, so you're probably not going to get a lot of difference in price. Certainly not enough to justify trucking all over town.

Of course, this assumes that all the info I've gotten on tank prices was true, but the prices are pretty consistent from store to store.

Yeah, I think that I would rather go new, but if someone happened to be selling one when we move then I would consider used. For now we plan on holding onto the 72-gal. We are thinking of upgrading our 30-gal butterfly tank to the 72. Then I might have a 30-gal cube for sale, but we are still thinking.

We got burned the last time we upgraded buying local. It was our own fault for not doing the research; it was an impulse buy. We found the same tank (the 30-gal cube) at another store for much less. Just figured if anyone knew of a good local store that had better than average prices, they would speak up. We haven't priced tanks for a while, the 72-gal was a gift from a friend getting out of the hobby.

what you could do is call up your local fish shop and agree on what size ask for the price maker see which one is cheaper and then go to the cheapest and then the next cheapest and take a look

Best price to buy a tank is right here on ARC. Just have patience and good deals will pop up. I bought my 90G for $500 when I could had a 180 for the same f'ing price...

Back