Best refugium Light

Treylipp

Market
Reaction score
Just got a new tank that has space for a fuge looking at growing chaeto or ogo, bonus points if you have one for sale ;)

We have the Kessil H80 made for refugiums, though we haven’t owned it for too long. Lots of good information out there about it.

I have a Kessil A80 Tuna Sun for sell comes with the gooseneck. I have seen a few people use it for a refugium.
The H80 purple light would probably be more what you are looking for though and it looks pretty cool.

Pretty much anything will work. You can certainly start with the cheaper LED lights, they do the job. One thing to add for consideration is the area you have available within the fuge for the light to illuminate. Many options have a lot of light scatter that can cause algae issues in other areas of you sump. I have both the AI Prime Fuge light and the Kessil H160. The AI Prime has a wide area of effect and I would not recommend it for a small refugium. I use 3D printed shades for both. Another thing to consider is how much distance will you have between the light and the water line which again effects the area of illumination. I have had some close calls with the H160, when doing a water change.

Back