Best Skimmer Brand?

navyreefer

Market
Reaction score
Vote on the company you think makes the best overall skimmer (price to performance).

i know everyone bags on euroreef for the price, but i couldn't be happier with mine. i set it up in my new garage sump room about two months ago and haven't done anything besides clean the cup since.

What equals value?

1 performance
2 upfront cost
3 electricity use
4 compact size
5 quality of build
6 durability
7 ease of maintenance
????

Is Coralvue, PCI, & SWC, all import Octopus skimmers.

Xtreme skimmers Not sure who all going to import them besides SWC.

Value wise the Xtreme shows the most promise of value in NW type skimmers by far. but since the final model is not out yet...

Looks like the Xtreme skimmers are in. They seem to be performing as expected.

Here is a review from the importer comparing to his other (bigger) Octopus 300 skimmers he's currently selling for a good bit more money.

" The SWC 250 is running on my 375 gallon system The SWC skimmer have the Sicce pumps, it has been outskimming the 0ld 300 in less than 1 week it has pulled out almost 2 gallons.

I agree with Roland. It is hard to list the best brand of skimmer as that depends on the criteria by which it is ranked. If cost is near or at the top, ER wouldn't even be in the running. However if quality and warranty are topping the list with cost at the bottom then it would.

Back