Best small fan for cooling?

Doberman13

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I have a small cheap desk fan that is hooked up to my inkbird but I feel like it could be better. It hardly ever turned on last year but now that I have a UV on my system the fan is turning on everyday fairly early. I bought a Vornado Flippi but returned it because it wasn't as strong as the cheap one.

What do y'all use?

I have the UV turn off at 745 pm till midnight that helps get the temp down and at night it's not as much of an issue. I have a cyano outbreak in my refugium that I'd rather not have move to the tank. Everything has been doing so well recently I didn't want to change anything.

I use the up aqua 4 fan can't find a link but it's like this one

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I use the same one @Reefchef uses as well. Its set to kick on at 80.5 and it's been on constantly for the last few weeks with my temp ranging from 81.5 to 82.5. My ATO pumps about 2 gallons a day. Maybe I need to turn off my UV during the day.

The same white Air King clip on fan- on Amazon they are around $20 and BRS sells for $35. If you keep them inside a canopy, they rust and have to be replaced routinely.

I had this on my 29 and it would drop a couple degrees . No I have the same fan over my refugium lights on the same timer and still works great . 18 months old . The frame is aluminum

Back