Best underwater glue/epoxy's

lilbluelude

Market
Reaction score
I spent a couple hours tonight trying to join several rocks together in my ten gallon tank. I was looking to improve the appearance of the rock work and actually try to make it so the diamond goby wont knock over the entire rockwork everytime he digs. So, I got some putty thats supposed to work underwater as Ive seen several other people using. I tried to use it effectively to even hold some rocks together and after putting it underwater uncured, it started breaking up and didnt grip at all to the rocks.. The putty came off both pieces of rock I had pieced together. This happened again and again. I wasnt even able to 'mount' a frag with this garbage I bought at Ace hardware...

So, what are you guys using most effectively underwater to mount frags or even rocks. Anything I can pick up locally thats really good and not too expensive?I was informed tonight that aquamend was what one of the other members (raz0945) uses.

Im a little stressed considering I have a few new frags, an active diamond goby, and the slightest wiggle will send all of my frags into the sand...

Ive used gel superglue always in the past semi-effectively. But, Ive never got a container larger than the mini tubes big enough for 1-2 frags and they only work alright.

Aquamend and superglue. Make a ball of epoxy, put glue on 2 opposite sides, and push the things you want glued together.

Back