Best way to auto-dose a smaller tank?

fraggel rock

Market
Reaction score
What is the best way to dose calcium an buffer on a 30gal tank. I have heard that kalk and calcium reactors are too much for that size tank. Is a litermeter the only way to go?

I am using Drew's Dosing Pumps - available at Bulk Reef Supply. They supply 1.6ml/min. I run 20 min per day (2x10 min) of Ca and Alk solutions in my 22 gal Cad.

Those Drew's Dosing Pumps are made by a company called APT Instruments. You can see a large selection and buy direct. Don't know if it is a savings over Drews or not. I used them to dose small amounts of ferts in my planted tanks.

merchant.mvc

I would suggest getting a Kalkwasser as your top off. I have been using that on my 240 gallon for the past 2 1/2 yr.

I also ordered one of these pumps this week. I got the 0.06ML/min pump to dose Vodka and MB7. I've talked to them before but never ordered anything from them. The price seems reasonable but I will have to mount it in a hobby box and wire it up. Its a test, not sure if it is accurate enough for this low a range.

a>

dawgdude;363902 wrote: I would dose a two part and I would do it manually. It sucks but that one day when you come home and your alk or calc pump stayed on and nuked a small tank like that in a matter of hours you will wish you hadnt automated it. Just my 2 cents.

humm......I've never had that problem in a few years, but then again, never thought of that problem. That would suck. I have an Aqua-Medic Peristaltic pump. I'll need to research this more.

Back