Best way to kill a BTA?

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
Well, came home this morning and notice 2 CSB babies that probably split the same time as the last one that I didn’t noticed unfortunately it’s under the lowest rock structure.
I am pretty unwilling to tear down half my tank to get them out. I’m going to try ice cubes and some other method to see if I can get them to release. But they are only about 2 inches each maybe a bit more so anytime I try anything they shrink and become impossible.
If all else fails, what’s the best way to rid myself of them? I’m am thinking using an injector to forcible suck them up after spraying them with kalk paste.

Any advise right now would be good. My orenis and helfrechi are literally sleeping next to it ( unless they moved) .

Sadly I have not found a great method other than trapping with an anemone cannon or scraping them out. The anemone cannon can take days an often ineffective or difficult to position. The scraping is super messy and sometimes produces even more RBTA that cling else where. I am again at the point where I need to prune as they are up against much more important corals to me.

Sadly I have not found a great method other than trapping with an anemone cannon or scraping them out. The anemone cannon can take days an often ineffective or difficult to position. The scraping is super messy and sometimes produces even more RBTA that cling else where. I am again at the point where I need to prune as they are up against much more important corals to me.
I’m was actually thinking about just putting puddy ontop of the crevice but afraid they would just shift somewhere harder to get to

I certainly tried that with Apstasia in the past and ended up with a lot of gross putty everywhere and a foaming skimmer for days. The RBTA problem in my tank is similar to having Apstasia but slower moving

Like mentioned above, that diy anemone canon trap, block they’re surrounding light and force them to go through the pvc to get needed light. Kalk paste injection would probably do the trick, but idk about dead/decaying nem in the tank.

If it didn’t get sand everywhere you could put a powerhead full speed directly on the and make them octopus out. I’ve never tried it, but I bet a diy straw sized tube that shot high speed air directly at it continuously would force the move, and not get debris everywhere.

I could build a solution mechanism, price of material and labor rate right now just so happens to be 2 CSB’s so you’re in luck hahahah

Every few hours, use a turkey baster to spray them with water. You will annoy them and they will eventually move

I just ended up sucking them out with a turkey injector. Last one I sold for cheap was luckily rolling around on the sand. I didn’t notice these thank god or I would not have enjoyed my time off

Back