best way to let sand settle

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
I added a bit more sand to the tank just now which stinks because it was somewhat clear right before I did it. I was wondering though how you guys think its better to let the sand settle. Should I turn off all pumps (except the return)? Or is it better to leave them on so that the sand gets pushed into the sump and filtered?

See now if you went BB you'd have a clear tank ALL the time!!

BB - solving all your sand problems since 1890

Lee....I always knew you liked going BB, as in bareback.

I just didnt know youve been doing it since 1890!!

Gotta go bareback man or else you get weird tan lines! Ummm, as far as sand goes, I always use to have all my pumps on. If you limit it to just the return, once you turn on your circ pumps, it'll blow it all over the place again. Just let it be and walk away.

let him have his clear water, my tank doesnt resemble a swimming pool :) i like the natural touch sand adds :)

Yes........ Once again, and Magnum Canister Filter would save the day! Pop in the diatom fiter, and within an hour, all that cloudiness would be trapped as a fine powder in the filter and be removed from your tank.....

Honestly, I don't see how people reef without a Magnum....

Ill have to agree with the sand bed. BB still turns green and has to be cleaned like the glass doesnt it? Natural look of sand bed is my preference as well.

Sorry glxtrix

Dakota9;294426 wrote: Yes........ Once again, and Magnum Canister Filter would save the day! Pop in the diatom fiter, and within an hour, all that cloudiness would be trapped as a fine powder in the filter and be removed from your tank.....

Honestly, I don't see how people reef without a Magnum....

hey dakota, thanks for the advice. I plugged in a small magnum i had lying around added a couple of the filters and sure enough about 2hrs later it was clear.

Back