Best way to Mount Coral

I just supper glue them to anywhere I want them. I does it to all my sps and some Lps also.

supper glue work wounder

SUper glue has worked well for me so fay, but some are better than others. What you want is any straight up CA (cyanoacrylate) -type.

From GARF: http://www.garf.org/algae2/glue_evalu.html">http://www.garf.org/algae2/glue_evalu.html</a>

I like the Loctite Quick Tite and the straight up "SuperGlue" brand (Pacer Corporation) Thick Gel Super Glue, myself. I've had excellent results wth both glu9ing both dry pieces, wet pieces, and pieces still submerged.

just make sure its the gel kind.....regular super glu is too runny. Add a few drops, make sure its on, let dry for a few seconds and you can add it right to the water, when the glu makes contact with water it speeds up the curing process.

Thanks everyone!!!

Googled it before and did not believe it. Had to ask those I trust and who could tell me HOW to do it.

Man the learning curve for this hobby is unreal. My head needs to make room. I wonder if I can forget all the passwords I need for work to clear out some space :tongue2:

what worked for me is putty. Get a little blob of it on the rocks, and stick the acro in. The tissue will soon grow around the puddy, and it looks pretty neat.

as in silly putty?

i can't imagine any other kind of putty that would be reef safe, and silly putty only maybe, and only because it's essentially a polymer...

Ahhh, that would make more sense... but I'd still worry about some epoxies.. most of them have some really nasty stuff in them... Super is reef safe because, oddly enough, cyanoacrylate glue was originally developed for emergency battlefield wound-closure, when proper suturing isn't possible for whatever reason... As mentioned before, they bond even more quickly when they come into contact with fluids and any rough surface.

Any superglue should technically be "food-safe", although I still wouldn't want to consume it... might be bad for the tummy. Most epoxies, however, are not, and those that are safe for human water-sources are marked just so... So any epoxy, putty or otherwise should definitely be checked to make certain of the above.

Obviously, if you're using this and your tank is in good condition, you're ok, but you should share with us what brand or type of putty in specific you're using.

I've used both seperatly and they both work well. I now use both at the same time. Super Glue the frag to the epoxy and then the epoxy to the rock/plug/whateve and I've found this has the best holding power.

I've been using the aquamend epoxy and loctite gel from HD for years with no issues.

Back