Biiig Flood... :-(

brazilian

Market
Reaction score
I Heard people talking about it, but never really care for it, but yesterday I tasted a huge flood caused be a big fat snail on my HOB Fuge, guys after 5000 in damage on my hardwood floors, and fill other damage on walls and furniture, I learn my lesson other pods, LR, alge, and LS, I just don't let snails in anymore. And now I'm trying to figure out a way to keep snails out and pods comming in any suggestions????

I am sorry to hear that. With my income, that would be an out of the hobby moment for sure. How does the hob fuge get water? is a pump or overflow style? How did the snail cause the flood (block a return pump or disconnect the feed pump, etc)?

Yup that would make me give up for sure. The women woud kill me if I ruined the new house...

I had a big one myself recently over a check valve that stuck and my sump overflowed by way more than I want to guess. I don't wish it on anyone. Sorry to hear it. I was so upset I almost broke down the 240 and 110. The wife is the only reason it is still up but I swear this 110 is gona be down soon if I get my way. It's just too much for me and the flood that went across two rooms surely has me disgruntled.

That sucks -- sorry to hear that, guys! Murphy's law is no fun when you're dealing with large amounts of saltwater.

Should we be investing in "water alarms" that turn off the pumps if enough water gets on the floor?

In my situation it was being cheap not doing stuff the right way and after fixing costing me almost twice as much for plumbing supplies and a lot more time. A few more dollars and a little more attention to detail initially would have saved me headaches, frustration, time, and money. Bill Engvall has a sign for me somewhere.

Back