Bio pellets created equally?

k3nnyp

Supporting
Reaction score
Which bio pellets are recommended? Is there a significant difference in brands? What about BRS brand? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

I suspect the answer is yes, they are different. although I have never used them.

I would expect that the BRS is a good, middle of the road, variety priced at a good value because that is where most of their products fall, IMHO.

Following for good recommendations. I am carbon dosing now and could see the use of a reactor in my future.

Huge differences between the brands. Impurities galore, so stay away from dodgy sources.

I use all in one biopellets with great success. When I started using them about 1.5 years ago, my nitrates were at 20+ppm, and now they rarely get above 3ppm.

LSU_fishFan;1068499 wrote: I use all in one biopellets with great success. When I started using them about 1.5 years ago, my nitrates were at 20+ppm, and now they rarely get above 3ppm.

I'd like to know more about these , I've been using tlf npx bioplastics for a year but I'm wondering what might be better?

I am curious about the pellet maintenance routine. Is it as simple as adding more pellets on occasion?

JBDreefs;1068665 wrote: I am curious about the pellet maintenance routine. Is it as simple as adding more pellets on occasion?

Every 3 months or so I take a 1/4 cup or so and soak them over night in tank water so they won't flote and get stuck up top , I just shut down the reactor and add the new , and I add a cap full of a booster bacteria to Jumpstart the new pellets and I don't usually touch it again for 3 months

Tbub1221;1068693 wrote: Every 3 months or so I take a 1/4 cup or so and soak them over night in tank water so they won't flote and get stuck up top , I just shut down the reactor and add the new , and I add a cap full of a booster bacteria to Jumpstart the new pellets and I don't usually touch it again for 3 months

Can't complain too much about that!

Back