Bio Spira

regaltang

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff, does it work? it says you can add fish immediately. Will it hurt your system

I have not personally used this stuff. I have read many posts here at ARC that give advice on the first step of ReefKeeping is Go Slow, Patience is a virtual in this hobby. My 1/2 cent injected here, the best solution is to let the tank cycle slowing.

As you read the posts here at ARC, you'll see a trend of not rushing anything in this hobby. The outcome is not worth cutting corners.

Wannabee

I used it years ago after a sponsor recommended it to me. I worked fine. But... I'd use your test kits to make sure prior to adding any livestock.

regaltang;1006314 wrote: Has anyone used this stuff, does it work? it says you can add fish immediately. Will it hurt your system

If you want to use a 'seed' bacteria culture, this is what I recommend. I've used it and it always works. One of the few things I recommend you buy direct, instead of a LFS, due to shelf life. Read up on their web site before use.

index.php

It probably won't hurt, but it may or may not help.

If you want a biological kick-starter I'd recommend Seachem Stability. However, there is NO product that can 'instantly cycle' a tank.

Patience is the name of the game here.

Jenn

Personally I'd never use this stuff to speed a cycle up. If you want to use it to ensure you're getting diverse bacteria then fine. I used Seachem's and one other, can't remember which, to "seed" my tank and then does ammonia for a month to cycle my 60.

As someone else said, patience is paramount in this hobby.

JimmyStephens;1006331 wrote: I used it years ago after a sponsor recommended it to me. I worked fine. But... I'd use your test kits to make sure prior to adding any livestock.

sorry to high jack the thread.. but jimmy i need to get with you and your messages is full

I have used bio-spira in the past but I think it limits the strain of bacteria in your tank. I cycled with a raw shrimp and then used microbactor 7 to keep the bacteria levels up. Also use it with water changes and haven't had a problem.

Back