Black Acrylic Sheeting

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Anybody know of a local business that sells 1/4" black acrylic sheeting.

Need at least a 26" x 30" piece for a glass overflow cover.

Amazon has it, but would like to support a local business.

Calsak Plastics in Lawrenceville.

a>

Looks like Calsak sells Black 1/4" cell cast acrylic in 4'x8' sheets for around $118. Anybody needing some for overflow boxes or other custom applications? Figured if we went in on it together, it would save us some money.

I'd be interested in some possibly. I haven't done any calculating of how much I'd need though.

Cool. Just post a little about what you are wanting and I can either model it in 2D or 3D and make you a cut sheet.

Got a full wood shop too with router table, saws, etc... We can whip out whatever.

I need to fab up a couple panels Grant, count me in for a partial sheet, say approximately 1/4 of a sheet. Let me know payment method.
Randy

rjrgroup;924492 wrote: I need to fab up a couple panels Grant, count me in for a partial sheet, say approximately 1/4 of a sheet. Let me know payment method.
Randy

K, lets see how much Sean needs first and if any others want to jump in. I don't mind picking up more than one sheet if necessary. It would definitely make it more worth the trip. I will post PayPal email when we get to that point.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that when cut you will lose size due to the width of the saw blade and number of cuts.

So, one sheet = 32 sq. ft., currently we are at:

Grant - 1/3 sheet (32" x 48") = 10.67 sq. ft.
Randy - 1/4 sheet (24" x 48") = 8.00 sq. ft.

They have all kinds/colors of cell cast acrylic if someone needs something different.

I'm looking to do a corner overflow for a 18" cube. Prolly use 3/4" bulkheads (2) inside the overflow. Let me know how much I'd be looking at.

Is that 18 gallon or 18" tall? What kind of flow are you wanting to run through the return?

Edit: Or is it an 18"x18"x18" cube? Return flow will dictate pipe sizes and overflow box dimensions.

Edit: Also, is it going to be used for a display tank? Probably going to want to minimize the footprint as much as possible.
The overflow boxes that glass holes sells would be a good design that doesn't take up much space. Their 700 gph unit is probably about the size you would need. http://www.glass-holes.com/700-gph-Overflow-Box-Complete-Kit-gh700kit.htm">http://www.glass-holes.com/700-gph-Overflow-Box-Complete-Kit-gh700kit.htm</a>
Would be pretty easy to fab one up, not much material is needed, and since the bottom of your tank might be tempered you will probably want to go with drilling the back panel. I have a similar setup in my 29g at the office. I will post a pic.

18x18x18. I don't have a return picked out yet. Prolly a mag 3 or so.

I actually need to do a center overflow, so 3 sided and was planning 2 returns on each side of the overflow.

I actually have a small overflow box that got broke during shipping that we could glue up and make work. You really hooked me up yesterday, so it's the very least I could do. It is identical to the one that is in my tank. I'll post some pics so you can see it.

Cool man. Yeah I really haven't planed anything for the tank yet besides the tank itself, stand (built 2 years ago for it lol) and the light so I could make almost anything for.

Just a bit of super glue or acrylic cement and a chunk of acrylic for reinforcement and you would never have known it was broken.

Back